Actor Johnny Depp played guitar at a Los Angeles charity event for the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The star of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise performed the song "Mary Jane's Last Dance" with Ke$ha on vocals.
Also covering Tom Petty's hits at the Nov. 14 Petty Fest fundraiser at the El Rey Theatre were The Strokes, The Black Keys and Kings of Leon.
"He was looking pretty cool," Nick Valensi of The Strokes told The Hollywood Reporter. "He's the closest thing to Keith Richards that you're going to get."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign