Actor Johnny Depp played guitar at a Los Angeles charity event for the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The star of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise performed the song "Mary Jane's Last Dance" with Ke$ha on vocals.
Also covering Tom Petty's hits at the Nov. 14 Petty Fest fundraiser at the El Rey Theatre were The Strokes, The Black Keys and Kings of Leon.
"He was looking pretty cool," Nick Valensi of The Strokes told The Hollywood Reporter. "He's the closest thing to Keith Richards that you're going to get."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party