Actor Johnny Depp played guitar at a Los Angeles charity event for the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The star of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise performed the song "Mary Jane's Last Dance" with Ke$ha on vocals.
Also covering Tom Petty's hits at the Nov. 14 Petty Fest fundraiser at the El Rey Theatre were The Strokes, The Black Keys and Kings of Leon.
"He was looking pretty cool," Nick Valensi of The Strokes told The Hollywood Reporter. "He's the closest thing to Keith Richards that you're going to get."
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline