Actor Johnny Depp played guitar at a Los Angeles charity event for the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The star of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise performed the song "Mary Jane's Last Dance" with Ke$ha on vocals.
Also covering Tom Petty's hits at the Nov. 14 Petty Fest fundraiser at the El Rey Theatre were The Strokes, The Black Keys and Kings of Leon.
"He was looking pretty cool," Nick Valensi of The Strokes told The Hollywood Reporter. "He's the closest thing to Keith Richards that you're going to get."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women