Actor Johnny Depp played guitar at a Los Angeles charity event for the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The star of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise performed the song "Mary Jane's Last Dance" with Ke$ha on vocals.
Also covering Tom Petty's hits at the Nov. 14 Petty Fest fundraiser at the El Rey Theatre were The Strokes, The Black Keys and Kings of Leon.
"He was looking pretty cool," Nick Valensi of The Strokes told The Hollywood Reporter. "He's the closest thing to Keith Richards that you're going to get."
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare