Crude oil prices climbed sharply during the weekend, headed for $89 per barrel Monday morning on renewed tension between Israel and Palestine.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Intermediate crude oil added $1.88 or 2.1 percent to reach $88.80 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 4.49 cents to $2.755 per gallon. Home heating oil prices added 6.63 cents to $3.0531 per gallon.
Natural gas prices shed 2.1 cents to $3.769 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price of unleaded gasoline fell to $3.416 per gallon from Sunday's $3.418, AAA said.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients