Crude oil prices climbed sharply during the weekend, headed for $89 per barrel Monday morning on renewed tension between Israel and Palestine.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Intermediate crude oil added $1.88 or 2.1 percent to reach $88.80 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 4.49 cents to $2.755 per gallon. Home heating oil prices added 6.63 cents to $3.0531 per gallon.
Natural gas prices shed 2.1 cents to $3.769 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price of unleaded gasoline fell to $3.416 per gallon from Sunday's $3.418, AAA said.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women