Crude oil prices climbed sharply during the weekend, headed for $89 per barrel Monday morning on renewed tension between Israel and Palestine.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Intermediate crude oil added $1.88 or 2.1 percent to reach $88.80 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 4.49 cents to $2.755 per gallon. Home heating oil prices added 6.63 cents to $3.0531 per gallon.
Natural gas prices shed 2.1 cents to $3.769 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price of unleaded gasoline fell to $3.416 per gallon from Sunday's $3.418, AAA said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions