Israel has been confronted with unprecedented cyber attacks since the start of the military operation in Gaza, Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said Sunday.
There have been over 44 million cyber attacks on government websites since the start of Operation Pillar of Defense last week, Steinitz told Israel Radio.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu recently ordered the creation of a national cyber center aimed at enhancing the protection of the country's governmental websites and minimizing their vulnerability against cyber attacks. He compared the new center to that of the Iron Dome missile defense system, saying it will defend the country against attacks on the country's computer systems, The Jerusalem Post said.
Most Popular Stories
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- GM to Rejoin S&P 500, Akerson Says
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- Ohio Valley Bank Joins Federal Reserve System