Israel has been confronted with unprecedented cyber attacks since the start of the military operation in Gaza, Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said Sunday.
There have been over 44 million cyber attacks on government websites since the start of Operation Pillar of Defense last week, Steinitz told Israel Radio.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu recently ordered the creation of a national cyber center aimed at enhancing the protection of the country's governmental websites and minimizing their vulnerability against cyber attacks. He compared the new center to that of the Iron Dome missile defense system, saying it will defend the country against attacks on the country's computer systems, The Jerusalem Post said.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend