Israel has been confronted with unprecedented cyber attacks since the start of the military operation in Gaza, Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said Sunday.
There have been over 44 million cyber attacks on government websites since the start of Operation Pillar of Defense last week, Steinitz told Israel Radio.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu recently ordered the creation of a national cyber center aimed at enhancing the protection of the country's governmental websites and minimizing their vulnerability against cyber attacks. He compared the new center to that of the Iron Dome missile defense system, saying it will defend the country against attacks on the country's computer systems, The Jerusalem Post said.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work