Israel has been confronted with unprecedented cyber attacks since the start of the military operation in Gaza, Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said Sunday.
There have been over 44 million cyber attacks on government websites since the start of Operation Pillar of Defense last week, Steinitz told Israel Radio.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu recently ordered the creation of a national cyber center aimed at enhancing the protection of the country's governmental websites and minimizing their vulnerability against cyber attacks. He compared the new center to that of the Iron Dome missile defense system, saying it will defend the country against attacks on the country's computer systems, The Jerusalem Post said.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia