Israel has been confronted with unprecedented cyber attacks since the start of the military operation in Gaza, Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said Sunday.
There have been over 44 million cyber attacks on government websites since the start of Operation Pillar of Defense last week, Steinitz told Israel Radio.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu recently ordered the creation of a national cyber center aimed at enhancing the protection of the country's governmental websites and minimizing their vulnerability against cyber attacks. He compared the new center to that of the Iron Dome missile defense system, saying it will defend the country against attacks on the country's computer systems, The Jerusalem Post said.
Most Popular Stories
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy