American Honda Motor Co. of Torrance, Calif., is recalling 150,600 portable power generators due to a fire hazard, federal product safety regulators said.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the company has received four reports of fuel hoses leaking on the gasoline-powered generators imported from Japan and sold nationwide from October 2011 to September 2012. The retail price fell $1,150 to $1,400, the agency said.
The generators are either black and red or painted with a camouflage design. They are 20 inches long, 11.5 inches wide and 16.5 inches tall. The name Honda and "EU converter" are printed on the sides. The recall involves generators with serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025.
Consumers were advised to stop using the recalled generators and contact a Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair.
Consumers can call 888-888-3139 for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply