American Honda Motor Co. of Torrance, Calif., is recalling 150,600 portable power generators due to a fire hazard, federal product safety regulators said.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the company has received four reports of fuel hoses leaking on the gasoline-powered generators imported from Japan and sold nationwide from October 2011 to September 2012. The retail price fell $1,150 to $1,400, the agency said.
The generators are either black and red or painted with a camouflage design. They are 20 inches long, 11.5 inches wide and 16.5 inches tall. The name Honda and "EU converter" are printed on the sides. The recall involves generators with serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025.
Consumers were advised to stop using the recalled generators and contact a Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair.
Consumers can call 888-888-3139 for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence