American Honda Motor Co. of Torrance, Calif., is recalling 150,600 portable power generators due to a fire hazard, federal product safety regulators said.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the company has received four reports of fuel hoses leaking on the gasoline-powered generators imported from Japan and sold nationwide from October 2011 to September 2012. The retail price fell $1,150 to $1,400, the agency said.
The generators are either black and red or painted with a camouflage design. They are 20 inches long, 11.5 inches wide and 16.5 inches tall. The name Honda and "EU converter" are printed on the sides. The recall involves generators with serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025.
Consumers were advised to stop using the recalled generators and contact a Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair.
Consumers can call 888-888-3139 for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- U.S. Highway Fund Nearly Broke, Jeopardizing Jobs
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work