Maroon 5's Adam Levine is the leading nominee
for the People's Choice Awards, garnering six nominations in the
music and television categories to beat out the likes of Justin
Bieber and Channing Tatum, organizers announced Thursday.
Bieber picked up five nominations and will go head-to-head with Levine in the favourite album and best music video category. Levine, who is a judge on the reality TV show The Voice, was also nominated as favourite celebrity judge, favourite band and favourite song, while Bieber picked up nods for favourite male artist, favourite pop artist and favourite music fan following.
Tatum, who was named Wednesday as People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive, was nominated for favourite movie actor, favourite comedic movie actor, favourite dramatic movie actor and best on-screen chemistry.
The nominations for best movie are The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games and Snow White and the Huntsman.
The People's Choice Awards are regarded as the most widely followed popular awards in the US entertainment industry. Public voting for all 48 categories began with the announcement of the nominees Thursday and will continue through December 13. The show, hosted for the second year in a row by The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco, will be broadcast live on January 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines