NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- SATMEX, a leading provider of fixed satellite services ("FSS"), announced a new brand image, "SATMEX Reaching Higher". SATMEX's exciting future includes the launch of at least two new satellites, Satmex 8 and Satmex 7. This follows a successful financial and operational restructuring including Board and management changes.
As part of his keynote comments at SATCON 2012, Patricio Northland, SATMEX's President and CEO stated SATMEX has undergone important changes resulting in unprecedented success. The announcement of its new brand image, "SATMEX Reaching Higher," is more than simply a facelift, as it entails redefining itself to address and capitalize on the demand for satellite communications services throughout the Americas. "After many years in the industry, SATMEX is re-launching its brand with a clear customer driven strategy and the ability to deliver state-of-the-art communication services."
Northland stressed the pioneering role SATMEX has embraced since its foundation, in the development and deployment of leading edge satellite technologies. "We will be launching SATMEX 8 shortly, one of the most advanced commercial communications satellites in its category. This new 64-transponder satellite not only represents a new technological advantage for us, but also the chance to increase our signal coverage and transponder capacity."
Additionally, the company is currently developing, SATMEX 7, a next generation electric powered satellite which will be launched into orbit using Space-X's latest generation launch vehicle, the Falcon-9. SATMEX is proud of its strategic partnership with ABS (Asia Broadcast Satellite), Boeing and Space-X for the construction and deployment of its new generation satellites. "This partnership exemplifies our technological leadership and allows us to achieve industry leading operational efficiency and unparalleled customer satisfaction," said Patricio Northland.
About Satelites Mexicanos (Satmex)
Satelites Mexicanos (Satmex) is a provider of fixed satellite services (FSS) in the Americas, with coverage of over 90% of the population of the region across more than 45 nations and territories. As one of only two privately-managed FSS providers based in Latin America, Satmex (together with its predecessors) has designed, procured, launched and operated three generations of satellites over a 25 year period. Satmex's current fleet is comprised of three satellites in highly attractive, contiguous orbital slots that enable its customers to effectively serve their entire coverage footprint utilizing a single satellite connection. Satmex also plans to launch two new satellites - Satmex 8 in late 2012 and Satmex 7 in early 2015.
Satelites Mexicanos, S.A. de C.V.
Claudia Junco and/or Juan Antonio Garcia Gayou
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Manila's Hollywood Week