A Florida man accused of shooting six cows -- two of them in the face -- told investigators he fired into the air to scare the animals, police said.
Justin Deloach of Flagler County was arrested last month for the incident, WESH-TV, Orlando, Fla., reported Tuesday.
Deloach told police the cows had broken through a fence and eaten his horse feed. He said he fired into the air, intending to scare the animals so they would move. The cows were hit in the face, rump, ribs and shoulders.
A veterinarian who examined the cows said the injuries are significant enough to affect the animals' value.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping