A Florida man accused of shooting six cows -- two of them in the face -- told investigators he fired into the air to scare the animals, police said.
Justin Deloach of Flagler County was arrested last month for the incident, WESH-TV, Orlando, Fla., reported Tuesday.
Deloach told police the cows had broken through a fence and eaten his horse feed. He said he fired into the air, intending to scare the animals so they would move. The cows were hit in the face, rump, ribs and shoulders.
A veterinarian who examined the cows said the injuries are significant enough to affect the animals' value.
Most Popular Stories
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue