A Florida man accused of shooting six cows -- two of them in the face -- told investigators he fired into the air to scare the animals, police said.
Justin Deloach of Flagler County was arrested last month for the incident, WESH-TV, Orlando, Fla., reported Tuesday.
Deloach told police the cows had broken through a fence and eaten his horse feed. He said he fired into the air, intending to scare the animals so they would move. The cows were hit in the face, rump, ribs and shoulders.
A veterinarian who examined the cows said the injuries are significant enough to affect the animals' value.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say