A Florida man accused of shooting six cows -- two of them in the face -- told investigators he fired into the air to scare the animals, police said.
Justin Deloach of Flagler County was arrested last month for the incident, WESH-TV, Orlando, Fla., reported Tuesday.
Deloach told police the cows had broken through a fence and eaten his horse feed. He said he fired into the air, intending to scare the animals so they would move. The cows were hit in the face, rump, ribs and shoulders.
A veterinarian who examined the cows said the injuries are significant enough to affect the animals' value.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week