MISSION, KS -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- (Family Features) Looking for some creative gift ideas for the kids on your holiday list? Why not give them gifts that encourage creativity?
"Creativity in kids isn't about being accomplished artists," said Michelle Atkinson, Vice President, North America Marketing for Energizer. "It's about expressing themselves in unique ways. It's important to give them the power to create -- and the holidays are the perfect opportunity to do just that."
Here are some great ideas for high tech gifts that will give your kids plenty of fun as they explore new ways to create.
- With the Crayola Digital Light Designer, kids make drawings from light (ages 6 to 15 years). They use a stylus to draw on the dome -- and watch their images magically light up on a three-dimensional surface. They can add cool effects and animations, and personalize drawings and messages to display later. It also has a game and activity mode, which makes for hours of creative fun. Runs on four D alkaline batteries. Consider Energizer® Max® batteries with Power Seal Technology, which hold their power for up to 10 years on shelf -- and that give kids confidence they'll have the power to create whenever they want.
- Look for art games for their favorite gaming system. "Let's Draw!" and "Art Academy" for Nintendo DS, or "uDraw" for Wii or Xbox 360 are fun choices, and they are rated E for Everyone.
- Even younger kids can create colorful works of art with the Color Wonder Light-Up Paint Palette from Crayola -- without making a mess (ages 3 and up). The palette lights up to match the color of whatever paint they use. When they dip the brush in blue, it lights up blue. It comes with the Light-Up Palette, 20 sheets of color wonder paper, paintbrush, and 6 paint colors. Runs on three AA batteries.
- The Kid-Tough See Yourself Camera from Fisher-Price (ages 3 to 7 years). There's a rotating lens which swivels from front to back, making it easy for even the little ones to see what they're shooting. It has big buttons, child-friendly controls, and stores up to 1,000 photos. You can download stampers and special effects to edit their photos. It connects to your computer via USB port. Runs on four AA batteries.
- For older kids, try the Discovery Night Vision Camcorder, from The Discovery Channel (ages 6 and up). A three megapixel video recorder and digital camera uses infrared technology to light up the night. It has a night vision sensor, LCD display, four photo resolutions, built-in microphone, AV output, and USB and AV connection cable. Memory card not included. Runs on four AA batteries.
- Let them fly high with a Remote Control Helicopter with Gyro and Video Recording from Syma Heli. It has a built-in camera with video recording and photo capabilities, a 512mb SD card, file transfer data cable and USB cable so they can download their images. Runs on 4 AA batteries.
- Kids can turn their room into a personal recording studio with the DJ Mix Station Mat from Smart Planet (ages 3 to 10 years). This playmat has a 24-key keyboard, 8 musical instruments, 4 drum sounds, and 2 scratch sound effects. It also has a built-in amplifier so they can play their favorite songs, and a microphone so they can play DJ. Runs on four AA batteries.
- The Learning Tunes Karaoke from VTech lets kids sing to 15 fun songs (ages 3 to 6 years). It has letter songs, number songs and fun songs, a microphone, a voice changer with 5 different effects, and an LCD screen with a variety of facial expressions and animations that change as kids sing along. Runs on three AA batteries.
- The Little Tikes Pop Tunes Guitar makes them feel like a rock star (ages 2 to 6 years). With preset tunes, a light-up pickguard and speaker cover, and a whammy bar that triggers three different sound effects, the jam session has endless possibilities for fun. Runs on three AA batteries.
Creative Stocking Stuffers
- Keep the digital creation going with plenty of extra batteries. Energizer® Max® batteries with Power Seal Technology hold power for up to 10 years when not in use. Be confident your kids will have power to create whenever needed. Learn more at www.energizer.com.
- Give your budding shutterbug stability and flexibility with a Gorillapod tripod. With flexible legs that attach almost anywhere, they can take creative photos no matter where they are.
- Let them take advantage of a whole slew of creative apps on their favorite tablet with a universal touchscreen stylus pen.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2125852
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida