NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- DiGennaro Communications (DGC), a leading independent PR agency, has won two bronze Stevie® Awards in the categories of Female Entrepreneur of the Year -- Business Services with 11 to 2,500 employees and Company of the Year -- Business Services with more than 10 employees at the 9th Annual Stevie Awards For Women in Business.
This is the second year in a row that DGC, which was founded in 2005, has been recognized by the Stevie Awards: In 2011, the agency won "Best Overall Company" in the category of Services Business for up to 100 employees.
"A company is only as good as its people," said Samantha DiGennaro, CEO and Founder of DGC. "These honors are direct results of the culture and team we've built at DGC and the longstanding client relationships we have nurtured since we launched nearly seven years ago.
"I'm honored to be in the company of other female entrepreneurs recognized by the Stevie's and thank my team and our clients for contributing to our shared successes."
DiGennaro added that she and her executive team have always emphasized culture-building as one of the main pillars of DGC's success, with a "work hard, play hard" philosophy. Staffers are encouraged to give back to the community as well as participate in company-sponsored social activities such as attending minor-league baseball games, playing on a DGC sports team and wine happy hours each Friday. A group of DGC employees even created their own "Call Me Maybe" video, a take on the viral video sensation that connected millions around the world this summer.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women