U.S. first lady Michelle Obama requested Britain's ITV send her Season 3 of "Downton Abbey" on DVD before it debuts in America this January, show sources said.
The third season of the iconic English costume drama aired in the United Kingdom this fall and will run on PBS in the United States this winter.
"We know it's very popular in America as it's so quintessentially British," a show insider told The Sun newspaper in London. "We'd heard the Obamas liked to watch it but we were very surprised when someone from the first lady's office got in touch asking for the series. They were very polite and we were more than happy to sort out some DVDs for them to send over. Obviously, we hope they keep the spoilers to themselves as our U.S. fans may not know about ... well, you know what."
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs