HOUSTON, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- La Voz de Houston (http://lavoztx.com ), the Houston Chronicle Media Group's home-delivered Spanish language publication, has added a Wednesday edition to its growing portfolio of news outlets. This mid-week issue, focused on providing useful, forward-looking information and events listings, is a complement to the group's flagship weekend publication, which offers enterprise stories on the issues most compelling to the Latino community, exclusive sports and entertainment content and original series and opinions.
The increased publication schedule, which begins today, coupled with an expansion of the publication's distribution footprint from 100 to 199 key zip codes has resulted in a quadrupling of circulation to a total of 405,000 copies per week, said La Voz de Houston's publisher, Alejandro "Alex" Sanchez.
"La Voz is Houston's most-read Spanish-language newspaper and the only one delivering local, national and international news twice a week," Sanchez said. "Our Wednesday and weekend issues each reach 165,000 hand-selected Spanish-speaking households, with an additional 75,000 copies of the weekender distributed within targeted retail outlets in high-traffic areas."
The Houston area's Latino population is projected to grow 18 percent over the next five years, and relevant, compelling content and commerce serving this community is in demand as well, Sanchez said. To bring those stories to life, La Voz de Houston in recent weeks has added several new voices, including Alvaro Ortiz, who most recently led Azteca America's Texas News Bureau; Olivia P. Tallet, who has worked for EFE News Services; and Giselle Bueno, who joins the team from Semana News and will lead efforts on LaVozTX.com (http://lavoztx.com ).
"These experienced journalists, like the communities they cover, hail from diverse backgrounds and bring to the table a wide variety of experiences," said Aurora Losada, editor of La Voz de Houston.
Nicki Britton | Houston Chronicle | 713-362-7486 / 713-504-1207 | email@example.com
About Houston Chronicle
The Houston Chronicle, the largest newspaper in Texas with the nation's second-highest Sunday total average circulation, has evolved into a multi-media company publishing online and commercial print products, in English and Spanish, reaching specific audiences with unique delivery programs. In addition to the Houston Chronicle's 943,000 daily readers and 1.6 million readers on Sunday, Chron.com (http://www.chron.com ), the Chronicle's online site, averages nearly 85 million page views and 11 million unique visitors each month. The Houston Chronicle is owned by the Hearst Corporation. Follow the Chronicle on Twitter at @Houstonchron (https://twitter.com/houstonchron ).
SOURCE Houston Chronicle
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'