The Academy for Lifelong Learning at Western Washington University is offering a two-hour class on social media called "Friend Me, Tweet Me, Like Me."
The course, which will explore the social media basics of Facebook and Twitter, will be taught by Evelyn Turner, who has managed technical support for international software companies and consults with local businesses about their social media presence.
The course is open to the general public and will be held 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at Bellingham Public Library. The cost is $18 for academy members and $23 for non-members.
To take the class, people need to register by Dec. 8 by calling 360-650-4970 or by going to www.acadweb.wwu.edu/eesp/all/index.shtml.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Planet of the Apes' Thumps the Competition
- Deaths Mount in Gaza Airstrikes
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Kerry Holds Nuke Talks With Iran
- Citigroup to Pay $7 Billion to Settle Subprime Probe
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Volkswagen to Build New SUV in Tennessee
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Banco Espirito Stock Falls Despite New CEO