The Academy for Lifelong Learning at Western Washington University is offering a two-hour class on social media called "Friend Me, Tweet Me, Like Me."
The course, which will explore the social media basics of Facebook and Twitter, will be taught by Evelyn Turner, who has managed technical support for international software companies and consults with local businesses about their social media presence.
The course is open to the general public and will be held 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at Bellingham Public Library. The cost is $18 for academy members and $23 for non-members.
To take the class, people need to register by Dec. 8 by calling 360-650-4970 or by going to www.acadweb.wwu.edu/eesp/all/index.shtml.
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs