Microsoft says it is working to eliminate a bug that has made its SkyDrive cloud storage service unavailable to users of the Opera Web browser.
Opera users began sending bug reports to the Norwegian browser company on the weekend saying Microsoft's cloud storage service froze out all users when it was being loaded.
Instead of the saved files and photos Opera users expected to see, they were only seeing millions of characters of code.
Troubleshooting identified the problem as "some strange bug in the Microsoft back end [that] sends a load of unexpected NULL characters -- more than 2 million of them right in the middle of the source code," Opera's Hallvord Steen wrote in a company blog post.
Microsoft said it has confirmed the problem and is working on a fix.
"SkyDrive engineers have identified a temporary optimization issue that has prevented customers from viewing SkyDrive on Opera in the past couple days," a spokesperson told CNET. "A fix will be released shortly."
Opera is apparently the only browser experiencing the problem, with no reports of problems with the Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome browsers.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause