Microsoft says it is working to eliminate a bug that has made its SkyDrive cloud storage service unavailable to users of the Opera Web browser.
Opera users began sending bug reports to the Norwegian browser company on the weekend saying Microsoft's cloud storage service froze out all users when it was being loaded.
Instead of the saved files and photos Opera users expected to see, they were only seeing millions of characters of code.
Troubleshooting identified the problem as "some strange bug in the Microsoft back end [that] sends a load of unexpected NULL characters -- more than 2 million of them right in the middle of the source code," Opera's Hallvord Steen wrote in a company blog post.
Microsoft said it has confirmed the problem and is working on a fix.
"SkyDrive engineers have identified a temporary optimization issue that has prevented customers from viewing SkyDrive on Opera in the past couple days," a spokesperson told CNET. "A fix will be released shortly."
Opera is apparently the only browser experiencing the problem, with no reports of problems with the Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome browsers.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign