Microsoft says it is working to eliminate a bug that has made its SkyDrive cloud storage service unavailable to users of the Opera Web browser.
Opera users began sending bug reports to the Norwegian browser company on the weekend saying Microsoft's cloud storage service froze out all users when it was being loaded.
Instead of the saved files and photos Opera users expected to see, they were only seeing millions of characters of code.
Troubleshooting identified the problem as "some strange bug in the Microsoft back end [that] sends a load of unexpected NULL characters -- more than 2 million of them right in the middle of the source code," Opera's Hallvord Steen wrote in a company blog post.
Microsoft said it has confirmed the problem and is working on a fix.
"SkyDrive engineers have identified a temporary optimization issue that has prevented customers from viewing SkyDrive on Opera in the past couple days," a spokesperson told CNET. "A fix will be released shortly."
Opera is apparently the only browser experiencing the problem, with no reports of problems with the Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome browsers.
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift