The South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has named Simply Healthcare Plans Inc. as its 2012 Company of the Year, according to a release. The award comes as part of the chamber's 2012 Sunshine Awards.
"In just two and a half years, Simply Healthcare has become the fastest-growing minority-owned company in Florida," said Lourdes Rivas, chief operating officer, Simply Healthcare Plans. Rivas accepted the award for on behalf of Simply Healthcare's chairman and visionary Miguel B. 'Mike' Fernandez. "This award is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our highly knowledgeable staff of more than 400 employees."
More than 350 people attended the awards event at the Four Seasons Hotel in Miami to celebrate the contributions and achievements of Hispanic entrepreneurs, executives and small-business owners in South Florida.
Simply Healthcare Plans is a Florida licensed health-maintenance organization headquartered in Coral Gables. Established in 2010, the plan provides health benefit plans to Florida's Medicare and Medicaid recipients. For more information, visit www.simplyhealthcareplans.com.
The South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce promotes the continued growth and development of the Hispanic business community and advocates for Hispanic- and minority-owned businesses. For more information, visit www.sflhcc.com.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy