The South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has named Simply Healthcare Plans Inc. as its 2012 Company of the Year, according to a release. The award comes as part of the chamber's 2012 Sunshine Awards.
"In just two and a half years, Simply Healthcare has become the fastest-growing minority-owned company in Florida," said Lourdes Rivas, chief operating officer, Simply Healthcare Plans. Rivas accepted the award for on behalf of Simply Healthcare's chairman and visionary Miguel B. 'Mike' Fernandez. "This award is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our highly knowledgeable staff of more than 400 employees."
More than 350 people attended the awards event at the Four Seasons Hotel in Miami to celebrate the contributions and achievements of Hispanic entrepreneurs, executives and small-business owners in South Florida.
Simply Healthcare Plans is a Florida licensed health-maintenance organization headquartered in Coral Gables. Established in 2010, the plan provides health benefit plans to Florida's Medicare and Medicaid recipients. For more information, visit www.simplyhealthcareplans.com.
The South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce promotes the continued growth and development of the Hispanic business community and advocates for Hispanic- and minority-owned businesses. For more information, visit www.sflhcc.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip