The South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has named Simply Healthcare Plans Inc. as its 2012 Company of the Year, according to a release. The award comes as part of the chamber's 2012 Sunshine Awards.
"In just two and a half years, Simply Healthcare has become the fastest-growing minority-owned company in Florida," said Lourdes Rivas, chief operating officer, Simply Healthcare Plans. Rivas accepted the award for on behalf of Simply Healthcare's chairman and visionary Miguel B. 'Mike' Fernandez. "This award is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our highly knowledgeable staff of more than 400 employees."
More than 350 people attended the awards event at the Four Seasons Hotel in Miami to celebrate the contributions and achievements of Hispanic entrepreneurs, executives and small-business owners in South Florida.
Simply Healthcare Plans is a Florida licensed health-maintenance organization headquartered in Coral Gables. Established in 2010, the plan provides health benefit plans to Florida's Medicare and Medicaid recipients. For more information, visit www.simplyhealthcareplans.com.
The South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce promotes the continued growth and development of the Hispanic business community and advocates for Hispanic- and minority-owned businesses. For more information, visit www.sflhcc.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say