NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/13/12 -- With so many great ventures out there it's hard to decipher which ones are going to be the next big thing. Veteran expert Carly Donnellan, who has foreseen the growth of some of New York City's most successful startups into monstrous companies, discusses what type of companies she is looking to invest in.
DataSift, a new company that depends on Twitter's Firehose and gives access to developers, engineers, programmers, and 3rd parties, has just raised 15.25 million dollars in series B funding. Sorting through billions of social interactions and breaking it down into market segments make this an excellent opportunity as social continues to grow.
Protos Eyewear, a 3D printed sunglasses company, is working to revolutionize the way we create products. 3D printers are allowing us to create products right in front of our eyes and bring manufacturing back to the United States. Carly believes that this type of opportunity is poised to grow over the next decade.
Airbnb, another San Francisco, California-based startup, is a marketplace that competes with other favorites such as VRBO.com and Homeaway.com that allows individuals to post their homes for rent online right from their smart phone. With over 25,000 cities listed in over 195 countries Airbnb is poised to grow into one of the next biggest startups. There are numerous background checks and precautions that are made to ensure the safety of the renter and the rentee. Only one report has resulted in an arrest and like any other startup there will be a few bumps on the road.
For more information about the latest startups being reviewed make sure to check out the Carly Donnellan Blog for ramblings, seed funding information, and tech news.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women