Avocado packer and grower Calavo Growers Inc. in Santa Paula, Calif., said it has sold its half of Maui Fresh International for $2.6 million.
Calavo said it sold its half of the California company to San Rafael Distributing Inc. of Arizona.
Calavo had shared joint ownership of Maui Fresh with San Rafael since 2006. The entities started the venture to market, sell and distribute fresh produce from the Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market.
Calavo said it made about $600,000 on the deal.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy