Avocado packer and grower Calavo Growers Inc. in Santa Paula, Calif., said it has sold its half of Maui Fresh International for $2.6 million.
Calavo said it sold its half of the California company to San Rafael Distributing Inc. of Arizona.
Calavo had shared joint ownership of Maui Fresh with San Rafael since 2006. The entities started the venture to market, sell and distribute fresh produce from the Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market.
Calavo said it made about $600,000 on the deal.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs