Avocado packer and grower Calavo Growers Inc. in Santa Paula, Calif., said it has sold its half of Maui Fresh International for $2.6 million.
Calavo said it sold its half of the California company to San Rafael Distributing Inc. of Arizona.
Calavo had shared joint ownership of Maui Fresh with San Rafael since 2006. The entities started the venture to market, sell and distribute fresh produce from the Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market.
Calavo said it made about $600,000 on the deal.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Ullman Says Penney Turnaround Will Take Time