Avocado packer and grower Calavo Growers Inc. in Santa Paula, Calif., said it has sold its half of Maui Fresh International for $2.6 million.
Calavo said it sold its half of the California company to San Rafael Distributing Inc. of Arizona.
Calavo had shared joint ownership of Maui Fresh with San Rafael since 2006. The entities started the venture to market, sell and distribute fresh produce from the Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market.
Calavo said it made about $600,000 on the deal.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List