Avocado packer and grower Calavo Growers Inc. in Santa Paula, Calif., said it has sold its half of Maui Fresh International for $2.6 million.
Calavo said it sold its half of the California company to San Rafael Distributing Inc. of Arizona.
Calavo had shared joint ownership of Maui Fresh with San Rafael since 2006. The entities started the venture to market, sell and distribute fresh produce from the Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market.
Calavo said it made about $600,000 on the deal.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave