The parents of a 3-month-old boy who received open heart surgery in Ohio said a picture of the infant recovering has made him an Internet celebrity.
Joe Powling said his son, Joey, was born with a heart defect called tetralogy of Fallot and a picture taken of the baby appearing to smirk at the camera only five days after his Oct. 25 open-heart surgery to correct the problem at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital in Cleveland quickly received more than 1.6 million "likes" on Facebook, ABC News reported Tuesday.
The infant also became the star of a series of online images titled "Ridiculously Good-Looking Surgery Baby," which added different captures to the photo.
"If Chuck Norris had a baby, he'd almost be as tough as this," one of the image captions reads.
"That one's my favorite," Powling said. "He'll usually give you a little smirk like that."
Powling said the surgery was a success, but Joey will need a second procedure in about a year.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval