The parents of a 3-month-old boy who received open heart surgery in Ohio said a picture of the infant recovering has made him an Internet celebrity.
Joe Powling said his son, Joey, was born with a heart defect called tetralogy of Fallot and a picture taken of the baby appearing to smirk at the camera only five days after his Oct. 25 open-heart surgery to correct the problem at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital in Cleveland quickly received more than 1.6 million "likes" on Facebook, ABC News reported Tuesday.
The infant also became the star of a series of online images titled "Ridiculously Good-Looking Surgery Baby," which added different captures to the photo.
"If Chuck Norris had a baby, he'd almost be as tough as this," one of the image captions reads.
"That one's my favorite," Powling said. "He'll usually give you a little smirk like that."
Powling said the surgery was a success, but Joey will need a second procedure in about a year.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'