The dress Judy Garland wore in the film "The Wizard of Oz" fetched $480,000 at a Hollywood memorabilia auction in California, officials said.
The unnamed buyer bought the dress Saturday at Julien's Auctions Beverly Hills Gallery, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Garland's iconic dress was not the only costume sold; the dress Julie Andrews wore in "The Sound of Music" brought $38,400, and a purple skirt worn by Marilyn Monroe during the filming of "River of No Return" sold for $50,000.
Other items sold during the two-day auction included Steve McQueen's racing jacket, which went for $50,000, John Belushi sunglasses from "The Blues Brothers," which brought in $16,640, and glasses worn by Johnny Depp in "Dark Shadows" were sold for $3,250.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women