Text of report by Qatari government-funded aljazeera.net website
on 11 November
[Al-Jazeera.net report: "The FSA Gives Embassies 72 Hours To Leave Damascus"]
The Free Syrian Army [FSA] military council in Damascus and Rif Dimashq has called on all Arab and foreign ambassadors, diplomatic missions, and international organizations operating in Damascus to leave Syria in 72 hours.
According to a statement of which Al-Jazeera.net received a copy, the council urged all the world's governments, ministers, and diplomats not to visit Syria or interact with members of the Syrian regime because this is a participation in the killing of the Syrian people.
In its statement, the council also called on all Arab and foreign institutions to suspend their work immediately and ask their employees to leave the country in 72 hours.
Furthermore, the council called on all investors, Arab and foreign businessmen, and Syrian expats who own projects or investments in Syria or financial links with the regime to stop their activities immediately.
The council added that anyone who contradicts the statement is an accomplice in shedding the blood the Syrian people, stealing their wealth, and sabotaging their hopes in freedom and democracy.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women