WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/12 -- Olympusat Telecom a strategic business division of Olympusat Holdings, Inc., the United States market leader in the development and distribution of independent Hispanic, Specialty, and Faith & Family television networks, announced today that they have entered into a strategic partnership with KIT digital, Inc. (NASDAQ: KITD), a leading video management software and services company and Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the leading cloud platform for delivering secure, high-performing user experiences to any device. This partnership will enable Olympusat Telecom to provide their customers with the most reliable and robust video and multimedia experience for their end users on any device. KIT digital's KIT Cloud Solution and Akamai's Sola Media Solutions enable the economic online distribution of content to the broadest possible array of devices delivering rich, high-definition quality video to broadcast-scale audiences.
Through this partnership Olympusat Telecom will offer their video, television and rich media centric customers the scalability, reliability and security needed in today's hyper-connected world in addition to reducing costs by eliminating investment and maintenance on infrastructure.
"We are excited about working with KIT digital and Akamai," said C. Austin Powers, President, Olympusat Telecom. "Akamai's unparalleled knowledge and experience in content optimization and delivery across multiple devices and platforms worldwide provides us with the flexibility and reliability that we need for our entertainment television and video-centric customers and KIT digital's video management capabilities will ensure a feature rich video offering for our customers."
"Olympusat is one of only a few companies in the world who have the capability to combine leading edge platforms with their worldwide content distribution," said Laura Kaatz, Managing Director, Global Commercial Operations, KIT digital. "Olympusat Telecom is positioned perfectly to provide their unique service mix to the Media & Entertainment space and other video centric enterprises who are in need of a comprehensive solution for their online and broadcast media needs. KIT digital's video platform solutions, coupled with solutions from our partner Akamai, open up a new market for media and entertainment companies such as Olympusat Telecom."
This partnership enables Olympusat Telecom to offer a customized, cloud-based video management solution to its customers that enhances the streaming video experience for their end users, while providing unique content management features with the scalability needed to meet the surging demands of online video users worldwide. This allows Olympusat's customers to deliver robust video experiences to the high-performing edges of the cloud while seamlessly expanding their content to new multi-screen platforms and devices.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column