U.S. stock indexes were mixed Monday morning.
In midmorning trading, the Dow Jones industrial average lost 4.76 points, 0.04 percent, and closed at 12,810.63.
The Nasdaq picked up 4.07 points, 0.13 percent, to 2,908.68.
The Standard and Poor's 500 gained 0.66 points, 0.05 percent, to 1,380.51.
The benchmark 10-year treasury was unchanged, yielding 1.611 percent.
The euro rose to $1.2719 from Friday's $1.2711. Against the yen, the dollar was 79.38 from 79.40 yen.
In Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 index lost 0.18 percent, 81.16 points, to 8,676.44.
Because of the Veterans Day holiday, no government reports on the economy were issued.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy