U.S. stock indexes were mixed Monday morning.
In midmorning trading, the Dow Jones industrial average lost 4.76 points, 0.04 percent, and closed at 12,810.63.
The Nasdaq picked up 4.07 points, 0.13 percent, to 2,908.68.
The Standard and Poor's 500 gained 0.66 points, 0.05 percent, to 1,380.51.
The benchmark 10-year treasury was unchanged, yielding 1.611 percent.
The euro rose to $1.2719 from Friday's $1.2711. Against the yen, the dollar was 79.38 from 79.40 yen.
In Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 index lost 0.18 percent, 81.16 points, to 8,676.44.
Because of the Veterans Day holiday, no government reports on the economy were issued.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed