U.S. stock indexes were mixed Monday morning.
In midmorning trading, the Dow Jones industrial average lost 4.76 points, 0.04 percent, and closed at 12,810.63.
The Nasdaq picked up 4.07 points, 0.13 percent, to 2,908.68.
The Standard and Poor's 500 gained 0.66 points, 0.05 percent, to 1,380.51.
The benchmark 10-year treasury was unchanged, yielding 1.611 percent.
The euro rose to $1.2719 from Friday's $1.2711. Against the yen, the dollar was 79.38 from 79.40 yen.
In Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 index lost 0.18 percent, 81.16 points, to 8,676.44.
Because of the Veterans Day holiday, no government reports on the economy were issued.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women