U.S. stock indexes were mixed Monday morning.
In midmorning trading, the Dow Jones industrial average lost 4.76 points, 0.04 percent, and closed at 12,810.63.
The Nasdaq picked up 4.07 points, 0.13 percent, to 2,908.68.
The Standard and Poor's 500 gained 0.66 points, 0.05 percent, to 1,380.51.
The benchmark 10-year treasury was unchanged, yielding 1.611 percent.
The euro rose to $1.2719 from Friday's $1.2711. Against the yen, the dollar was 79.38 from 79.40 yen.
In Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 index lost 0.18 percent, 81.16 points, to 8,676.44.
Because of the Veterans Day holiday, no government reports on the economy were issued.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100