U.S. stock indexes were mixed Monday morning.
In midmorning trading, the Dow Jones industrial average lost 4.76 points, 0.04 percent, and closed at 12,810.63.
The Nasdaq picked up 4.07 points, 0.13 percent, to 2,908.68.
The Standard and Poor's 500 gained 0.66 points, 0.05 percent, to 1,380.51.
The benchmark 10-year treasury was unchanged, yielding 1.611 percent.
The euro rose to $1.2719 from Friday's $1.2711. Against the yen, the dollar was 79.38 from 79.40 yen.
In Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 index lost 0.18 percent, 81.16 points, to 8,676.44.
Because of the Veterans Day holiday, no government reports on the economy were issued.
Most Popular Stories
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook