Colorado police said a 17-year-old wearing a clown hat and Joker mask was arrested at a movie theater after a prank scared patrons.
The teen, a part-time student at University of Boulder, said he was aware of the July 20 shooting spree at a theater in Aurora, Colo., wherein James Holmes -- dressed as the comic book villain -- allegedly opened fire during a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises," killing 12 and injuring another 58 people. The suspect, who police declined to identify because he is a juvenile, said he was trying to scare friends.
Five different people called police to report the teen's presence and several ran out of the theater in fear, the Boulder Daily Camera reported Sunday. He was charged with five counts of misdemeanor menacing and was taken to a juvenile detention facility, police said.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy