Broadway producer Dede Harris says she has optioned Diane Warren's song catalog and intends to use her songs in a stage musical.
The creative team and a timeline for the project will be announced at a later date, Harris said in a news release.
Warren has written hit songs for Elton John, Beyonce, Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion Aerosmith, Ricky Martin, Faith Hill, Celine Dion, Mary J. Blige, Carrie Underwood Britney Spears, Jennifer Hudson and LeAnn Rimes and many others.
Among her songs are "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing," "If I Could Turn Back Time," "How Do I Live," "Unbreak My Heart," "Because You Loved Me" and "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now."
Dede Harris Productions recently produced "One Man, Two Guvnors," "Clybourne Park" and "War Horse."
"It's a thrill and an honor be able to present Diane Warren's brilliant body of work on Broadway. Her songs are a pinnacle of popular culture and will bring fresh energy and excitement to the Great White Way," Harris said in a statement.
"I greatly admire the incredible shows and performers that have come from Broadway," Warren said. "It has always been a thrill for me to write for musical artists who began their careers on the New York stage and I'm so happy that my songs will be part of a new musical."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women