Broadway producer Dede Harris says she has optioned Diane Warren's song catalog and intends to use her songs in a stage musical.
The creative team and a timeline for the project will be announced at a later date, Harris said in a news release.
Warren has written hit songs for Elton John, Beyonce, Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion Aerosmith, Ricky Martin, Faith Hill, Celine Dion, Mary J. Blige, Carrie Underwood Britney Spears, Jennifer Hudson and LeAnn Rimes and many others.
Among her songs are "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing," "If I Could Turn Back Time," "How Do I Live," "Unbreak My Heart," "Because You Loved Me" and "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now."
Dede Harris Productions recently produced "One Man, Two Guvnors," "Clybourne Park" and "War Horse."
"It's a thrill and an honor be able to present Diane Warren's brilliant body of work on Broadway. Her songs are a pinnacle of popular culture and will bring fresh energy and excitement to the Great White Way," Harris said in a statement.
"I greatly admire the incredible shows and performers that have come from Broadway," Warren said. "It has always been a thrill for me to write for musical artists who began their careers on the New York stage and I'm so happy that my songs will be part of a new musical."
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.