A Florida business said each of the 120,000 pennies adorning its billboard alongside Interstate 4 was hand polished and individually glued to the advertisement.
Zeno Office Solutions said the billboard near Orlando, which promotes the business' "penny a print" campaign," was put up by Schifino Lee Advertising of Tampa, WKMG-TV, Orlando, reported Monday.
Officials with the advertising firm said the billboard will be rotated to two other central Florida locations during the next six months and the pennies will be donated to charity at the end of the campaign.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged