A Florida business said each of the 120,000 pennies adorning its billboard alongside Interstate 4 was hand polished and individually glued to the advertisement.
Zeno Office Solutions said the billboard near Orlando, which promotes the business' "penny a print" campaign," was put up by Schifino Lee Advertising of Tampa, WKMG-TV, Orlando, reported Monday.
Officials with the advertising firm said the billboard will be rotated to two other central Florida locations during the next six months and the pennies will be donated to charity at the end of the campaign.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge