Canadian pop star Justin Bieber and U.S. singer Selena Gomez have split up, sources told People magazine.
"She broke up with him about a week ago," a source, whose name was not reported, told the magazine for a report published Saturday. "With them being apart so much it got complicated. She had some trust issues. It's not easy, but the relationship needed to end."
Bieber, 18, and Gomez, 20, made their relationship public in February 2011 after months of dating in secret.
Rumors swirled in August 2011 and again in July of this year that the two had broken up, People reported.
"I don't ever want her to feel like I'm ashamed of her," Bieber said of Gomez in an interview with Oprah Winfrey set to air Nov 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001