Canadian pop star Justin Bieber and U.S. singer Selena Gomez have split up, sources told People magazine.
"She broke up with him about a week ago," a source, whose name was not reported, told the magazine for a report published Saturday. "With them being apart so much it got complicated. She had some trust issues. It's not easy, but the relationship needed to end."
Bieber, 18, and Gomez, 20, made their relationship public in February 2011 after months of dating in secret.
Rumors swirled in August 2011 and again in July of this year that the two had broken up, People reported.
"I don't ever want her to feel like I'm ashamed of her," Bieber said of Gomez in an interview with Oprah Winfrey set to air Nov 25.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms