Canadian pop star Justin Bieber and U.S. singer Selena Gomez have split up, sources told People magazine.
"She broke up with him about a week ago," a source, whose name was not reported, told the magazine for a report published Saturday. "With them being apart so much it got complicated. She had some trust issues. It's not easy, but the relationship needed to end."
Bieber, 18, and Gomez, 20, made their relationship public in February 2011 after months of dating in secret.
Rumors swirled in August 2011 and again in July of this year that the two had broken up, People reported.
"I don't ever want her to feel like I'm ashamed of her," Bieber said of Gomez in an interview with Oprah Winfrey set to air Nov 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Daily Trivia Byte
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love