Canadian pop star Justin Bieber and U.S. singer Selena Gomez have split up, sources told People magazine.
"She broke up with him about a week ago," a source, whose name was not reported, told the magazine for a report published Saturday. "With them being apart so much it got complicated. She had some trust issues. It's not easy, but the relationship needed to end."
Bieber, 18, and Gomez, 20, made their relationship public in February 2011 after months of dating in secret.
Rumors swirled in August 2011 and again in July of this year that the two had broken up, People reported.
"I don't ever want her to feel like I'm ashamed of her," Bieber said of Gomez in an interview with Oprah Winfrey set to air Nov 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs