Canadian pop star Justin Bieber and U.S. singer Selena Gomez have split up, sources told People magazine.
"She broke up with him about a week ago," a source, whose name was not reported, told the magazine for a report published Saturday. "With them being apart so much it got complicated. She had some trust issues. It's not easy, but the relationship needed to end."
Bieber, 18, and Gomez, 20, made their relationship public in February 2011 after months of dating in secret.
Rumors swirled in August 2011 and again in July of this year that the two had broken up, People reported.
"I don't ever want her to feel like I'm ashamed of her," Bieber said of Gomez in an interview with Oprah Winfrey set to air Nov 25.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women