GENEVA, SWITZERLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 11/01/12 -- Mercuria Energy Group Ltd ("Mercuria") is pleased to announce that Roger Jones has joined the company in the capacity of Global Head of Non-Oil Trading and a member of the company board.
In this new role, Roger will be responsible for the worldwide trading activities in Power and Gas, LNG, Base Metals, Carbon Emissions, Agricultural Products and Global Equities.
Roger's career spans more than 25 years in the commodity trading business and he will add a wealth of expertise and experience to the Mercuria management team. After starting his career at Cargill, Roger also worked at Phibro before becoming Head of Energy Trading at Deutsche Bank.
Roger joins from Barclays where, in his role as Global Head of Commodities, he was responsible for leading a globally diverse commodity business. He brings to Mercuria outstanding cross commodity trading management expertise and he will be instrumental in Mercuria's continued development and future growth in the non-oil markets.
About Mercuria Energy
Mercuria is an international group of companies active over a wide spectrum of energy & commodity markets including crude oil and refined petroleum products, natural gas (including LNG), power, coal, base metals, biodiesel, and carbon emissions.
It is one of the world's top five largest independent energy traders. In 2011 Mercuria had sales in excess of $75 billion and operates from over 30 offices worldwide.
In addition to its trading core, Mercuria owns up-stream and mid-stream assets ranging from oil reserves to infrastructure and storage terminals. It also has substantial investments in the upstream coal sector.
+41 22 595 88 55
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight