Apple's long-awaited in-ear headphones have, at last, made an appearance at the Apple Store. Called "Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic," the in-ear headphones feature two drivers in each earpiece (a woofer and a tweeter), a microphone with iPod control buttons, and three sizes of silicon tips.
The headphones first appeared (Tuesday), but do show a 7-10 day shipping date, with free shipping. The product was first announced at an Apple media event on September 9th of 2008, though Apple had not offered a shipping date heretofore.
At the time, Steve Jobs said he felt his company had finally gotten it right with this version of its in-ear headphones, saying the quality of the sound produced by this model was vastly superior to that of earlier attempts from Apple.
You can find more information on the headphones at the Apple Store.
Thanks to our friends at AppleInsider for first noticing the addition of the in-ear headphones at the Apple Store.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low