Minnesota Timberwolves guard Ricky Rubio, recovering from knee surgery, appears to be upgrading his workouts.
Near the end of Saturday's practice at Minnesota State Mankato, Rubio was pushing himself hard on a stationary bike. After practice, he participated in shooting drills with assistant coach Terry Porter but did not leave his feet. Rubio is prohibited from shooting jump shots. All the shots Rubio attempted, even after short dribbles, were set shots.
He finished the post-practice workout with a weightlifting session.
Rubio is expected to miss at least the first two weeks of the regular season after suffering tears to the anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee on March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World