Minnesota Timberwolves guard Ricky Rubio, recovering from knee surgery, appears to be upgrading his workouts.
Near the end of Saturday's practice at Minnesota State Mankato, Rubio was pushing himself hard on a stationary bike. After practice, he participated in shooting drills with assistant coach Terry Porter but did not leave his feet. Rubio is prohibited from shooting jump shots. All the shots Rubio attempted, even after short dribbles, were set shots.
He finished the post-practice workout with a weightlifting session.
Rubio is expected to miss at least the first two weeks of the regular season after suffering tears to the anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee on March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.