Minnesota Timberwolves guard Ricky Rubio, recovering from knee surgery, appears to be upgrading his workouts.
Near the end of Saturday's practice at Minnesota State Mankato, Rubio was pushing himself hard on a stationary bike. After practice, he participated in shooting drills with assistant coach Terry Porter but did not leave his feet. Rubio is prohibited from shooting jump shots. All the shots Rubio attempted, even after short dribbles, were set shots.
He finished the post-practice workout with a weightlifting session.
Rubio is expected to miss at least the first two weeks of the regular season after suffering tears to the anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee on March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women