The U.S. Small Business Administration has launched a new online tool for owners of small businesses and those planning to start a business to identify new customers and do comparisons with competitors.
The free tool, called SizeUp, was created by GIS Planning Inc., and uses data from hundreds of private and public sources. It's licensed to the SBA for one year. It can be found at sba.gov/sizeup
It compares a business to competitors in the same industry, lists recommended areas for advertising, and finds where prospective customers are located.
"Market research and analysis is critical for the success of any small business owner or entrepreneur," SBA Administrator Karen Mills said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign