The U.S. Small Business Administration has launched a new online tool for owners of small businesses and those planning to start a business to identify new customers and do comparisons with competitors.
The free tool, called SizeUp, was created by GIS Planning Inc., and uses data from hundreds of private and public sources. It's licensed to the SBA for one year. It can be found at sba.gov/sizeup
It compares a business to competitors in the same industry, lists recommended areas for advertising, and finds where prospective customers are located.
"Market research and analysis is critical for the success of any small business owner or entrepreneur," SBA Administrator Karen Mills said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel