The U.S. Small Business Administration has launched a new online tool for owners of small businesses and those planning to start a business to identify new customers and do comparisons with competitors.
The free tool, called SizeUp, was created by GIS Planning Inc., and uses data from hundreds of private and public sources. It's licensed to the SBA for one year. It can be found at sba.gov/sizeup
It compares a business to competitors in the same industry, lists recommended areas for advertising, and finds where prospective customers are located.
"Market research and analysis is critical for the success of any small business owner or entrepreneur," SBA Administrator Karen Mills said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter