The U.S. Small Business Administration has launched a new online tool for owners of small businesses and those planning to start a business to identify new customers and do comparisons with competitors.
The free tool, called SizeUp, was created by GIS Planning Inc., and uses data from hundreds of private and public sources. It's licensed to the SBA for one year. It can be found at sba.gov/sizeup
It compares a business to competitors in the same industry, lists recommended areas for advertising, and finds where prospective customers are located.
"Market research and analysis is critical for the success of any small business owner or entrepreneur," SBA Administrator Karen Mills said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks