The U.S. Small Business Administration has launched a new online tool for owners of small businesses and those planning to start a business to identify new customers and do comparisons with competitors.
The free tool, called SizeUp, was created by GIS Planning Inc., and uses data from hundreds of private and public sources. It's licensed to the SBA for one year. It can be found at sba.gov/sizeup
It compares a business to competitors in the same industry, lists recommended areas for advertising, and finds where prospective customers are located.
"Market research and analysis is critical for the success of any small business owner or entrepreneur," SBA Administrator Karen Mills said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Boeing to Build Stretch-Dreamliners
- Jimmy Hoffa Buried Alive, Reputed Underboss Says
- Kanye West's 'Yeezus': Angry Self-love