IMAX Corp. and Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, today announced that Paranormal Activity 4, the fourth installment of Paramount's hit supernatural thriller franchise, will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX format and released to approximately 300 IMAX digital theatres in the U.S. and Canada, starting Oct. 18 at 9 p.m., simultaneous with the film's release.
The IMAX release of Paranormal Activity 4 will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience with proprietary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.
Paranormal Activity 4 is directed by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman.
You can like Paranormal Activity 4 on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ParanormalActivity and follow it on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TweetYourScream for audience reactions and important announcements.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go