IMAX Corp. and Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, today announced that Paranormal Activity 4, the fourth installment of Paramount's hit supernatural thriller franchise, will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX format and released to approximately 300 IMAX digital theatres in the U.S. and Canada, starting Oct. 18 at 9 p.m., simultaneous with the film's release.
The IMAX release of Paranormal Activity 4 will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience with proprietary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.
Paranormal Activity 4 is directed by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman.
You can like Paranormal Activity 4 on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ParanormalActivity and follow it on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TweetYourScream for audience reactions and important announcements.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic