Jill Biden, Ed.D., the wife of Vice President Joe Biden, rallied Democratic campaign troops today in Scranton to remind voters to register before Tuesday's voter-registration deadline.
In the first day of a two-day campaign swing through Pennsylvania, Dr. Biden visited the Obama/Biden campaign's Scranton field office on Wyoming Avenue in downtown Scranton. She encouraged supporters and volunteers to remind Pennsylvanians to register to vote before Tuesday's deadline.
"And remind people that you don't need a photo ID to vote," she said, referring to an injunction that will keep the state's Voter ID law from being enforced on Nov. 6. The line drew loud applause from the roughly 100 people in the room.
Dr. Biden also encouraged volunteers to help organize their communities between now and Election Day and thanked them for their work.
"We have to keep moving forward, and you're going to do that for us," she said.
After starting with a campaign appearance in Harrisburg, Dr. Biden trekked to Scranton and also was slated to make other canvass kick-off events in Hazleton and Allentown, according to campaign officials.
On Tuesday, Dr. Biden is scheduled to make similar campaign appearances in Reading, Lancaster and Philadelphia, according to the campaign.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women