FORTIS Online has launched a new mobile application that brings learning to mobile devices, giving students access to their course content directly from their smartphones (including Android, iPhone and BlackBerry) and from their tablets, such as iPads.
The mobile app provides intuitive applications designed specifically for the iOS and Android mobile platforms, enabling students to check grades, view course announcements, participate in interactive discussions, and more.
"We are investing in mobile technology so our career-focused students will have greater flexibility to learn online, which is especially important for members of the military who may be redeployed while working to complete their degrees," said Alec Winters, Vice President of Online Operations for FORTIS Online. "Mobile is the future, and we are there!"
Students, educators, and staff can download the app, known as Blackboard Learn, at no charge through the App Store and Google Play. Android and iOS devices on all carriers and networks can access the application.
The mobile app was developed by Blackboard Mobile, a division of education technology company Blackboard Inc. Blackboard Mobile partners with institutions to provide innovative mobile solutions that enrich teaching. learning, and life outside the classroom.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor