The Clasico between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid has caused injury casualty in each of the two teams. Barcelona were forced into a change early in the first half when Dani Alves left the pitch to be replaced by Martin Montoya: Barcelona issued a press communique after the game to confirm Alves has suffered a torn muscle in his left thigh and that he will be out of action for the next three weeks.
There is no game next weekend because of the break for international matches, which means Alves will miss his side's next league game, away to Deportivo la Coruna and the Champions League tie at home to Glasgow Celtic.
Meanwhile Cristiano Ronaldo will also be sidelined after falling badly when attempting an overhead kick in the second half. Although Ronaldo continued and scored his side's second goal just minutes later, the club have confirmed he has twisted his left shoulder and he too will be out of action for around three weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death