The Clasico between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid has caused injury casualty in each of the two teams. Barcelona were forced into a change early in the first half when Dani Alves left the pitch to be replaced by Martin Montoya: Barcelona issued a press communique after the game to confirm Alves has suffered a torn muscle in his left thigh and that he will be out of action for the next three weeks.
There is no game next weekend because of the break for international matches, which means Alves will miss his side's next league game, away to Deportivo la Coruna and the Champions League tie at home to Glasgow Celtic.
Meanwhile Cristiano Ronaldo will also be sidelined after falling badly when attempting an overhead kick in the second half. Although Ronaldo continued and scored his side's second goal just minutes later, the club have confirmed he has twisted his left shoulder and he too will be out of action for around three weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox