The Clasico between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid has caused injury casualty in each of the two teams. Barcelona were forced into a change early in the first half when Dani Alves left the pitch to be replaced by Martin Montoya: Barcelona issued a press communique after the game to confirm Alves has suffered a torn muscle in his left thigh and that he will be out of action for the next three weeks.
There is no game next weekend because of the break for international matches, which means Alves will miss his side's next league game, away to Deportivo la Coruna and the Champions League tie at home to Glasgow Celtic.
Meanwhile Cristiano Ronaldo will also be sidelined after falling badly when attempting an overhead kick in the second half. Although Ronaldo continued and scored his side's second goal just minutes later, the club have confirmed he has twisted his left shoulder and he too will be out of action for around three weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham