Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR) announced today that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC, has closed an offering of $200 million of term loan borrowings due in 2019. The interest rate on the new term loan borrowings is nearly two hundred basis points lower than the interest rate on the debt being repaid.
The Company is using the net proceeds of the offering plus approximately $40 million of available cash to repay approximately $240 million term loan borrowings due in 2018.
"This transaction allows us to simultaneously extend our debt maturities and reduce our interest costs," said David B. Wyshner, Avis Budget Group Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer."In addition, the use of $40 million of cash to repay term loan borrowings, combined with our repurchases of convertible bonds and redemption of senior notes earlier in the year, brings us close to our target of paying down more than $300 million of corporate debt in 2012."
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'