Today, MovieTickets.com begins remote ticketing for Empire Theatres, Canada's second largest film exhibition company with 53 locations and 438 screens.
Online ticketing for Empire Theatres begins in time for the chain to be a part of the MovieTickets.com campaign for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. MovieTickets.com began online sales for the highly anticipated film at 12:01 a.m. EDT on October 1(st) which to date is outpacing sales of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 with over 27% more tickets sold at the same point in each film's sales cycle. The highly anticipated fifth installment in Summit Entertainment's mega-grossing Twilight Saga franchise, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 comes to theatres in North America at 10 p.m. on November 15, 2012 at many local theaters and will then be released across North America and around the world via multiple show times on November 16, 2012.
MovieTickets.com represents 257 movie theater chains worldwide. The addition of Empire Theatres solidifies MovieTickets.com's position as the leading online movie ticketing provider in Canada. The site, which also operates under the MovieTickets.ca brand in Canada, is designed with both English and French Canadian versions to accommodate the language preferences of moviegoers throughout the provinces. The increased services in Canada continues MovieTickets.com's international expansion, with the company's ticketing services available in all 10 provinces and covering two-thirds of all theater screens in Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod