Get ready for a new ad blitz for Ram pickups.
Chrysler, which just began producing its heavily upgraded 2013 Ram 1500, is expected to reveal the details of a new advertising and marketing campaign for the pickup today in downtown Detroit.
Olivier Francois, Chrysler's chief marketing officer, and Fred Diaz, president and CEO of the Ram truck brand, will both be on hand for the announcement.
In recent years, Ram has used the tagline "Guts, Glory, Ram," along with the distinctive voice of actor Sam Elliott to tie Ram trucks into Western mythology and it's expected that those themes will continue.
Elliott became the voice of Ram in 2010. The commercials, developed by Richards Group of Dallas, helped to raise awareness of the Ram brand after it split away from Dodge in 2009.
Related story: "Chrysler Sponsors NSHMBA Conference"
The new 2013 Ram 1500 comes with a 20% improvement in fuel efficiency due to new 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine and a new eight-speed transmission. Chrysler will likely tout that improvement in its new marketing campaign.
With the 2013 Ram 1500, Chrysler is hoping to lure buyers from competitors even though truck owners are fiercely loyal to their brands. The Ram will get 25 mpg on the highway, which is 2 mpg better than the competition.
Ram has sold 213,593 pickups in the U.S. through September, a 20 percent increase over the same period last year.
Stay tuned today on freep.com or on twitter at freepautos.com as we learn more details.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'