U.S. automaker Chrysler announced a recall of 44,300 Ram 1500 and Dakota vehicles due to a rear axle pinion nut that may come loose, regulators said.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said the recall would begin in November.
The recall involves 2009-2010 Ram 1500 and Dodge Dakota trucks made between July 1, 2009 and Nov. 30, 2009.
The NHTSA said a loose rear axle pinion nut could result in a crash "with little warning," to the driver.
Chrysler said it would install a pinion nut retainer free of charge.
Consumers can call 888-327-4236 for information.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve