U.S. automaker Chrysler announced a recall of 44,300 Ram 1500 and Dakota vehicles due to a rear axle pinion nut that may come loose, regulators said.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said the recall would begin in November.
The recall involves 2009-2010 Ram 1500 and Dodge Dakota trucks made between July 1, 2009 and Nov. 30, 2009.
The NHTSA said a loose rear axle pinion nut could result in a crash "with little warning," to the driver.
Chrysler said it would install a pinion nut retainer free of charge.
Consumers can call 888-327-4236 for information.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November