Celebrity Chef Mark Anthony will entertain and educate Puebloans for free on Oct. 28, courtesy of the First Seventh Day Adventist Church, 3910 O'Neal Ave.
The "Dinner and a Message" event marks the conclusion of this year's Let's Move observances at the church, which believes that keeping the body and mind healthy is an important aspect of faith.
Anthony's live show, "Cooking at its Funnest -- Plant Based Health Nutrition," will begin at 3 p.m. at the church. Anthony has lost 80 pounds over the past few years, and lowered his cholesterol to 118 from 263. He'll share his secrets to healthy eating during his Pueblo show. When not taping for 3ABN TV near his home in Las Vegas, Anthony spends most of his time on the road, teaching about vegetarian cooking and entertaining audiences nationwide -- always for free, and often for nonprofit hosts such as churches, hospitals, senior centers and universities.
Space is limited for the Pueblo show, so participants are advised to come early. Although there is no admission, the church would appreciate donations to help cover the costs of food items for Anthony's demonstration, and his travel and lodging expenses.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women