AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 10/05/12 -- This Saturday at 7:00 PM Eastern on Fox, the West Virginia Mountaineers will face off against the Texas Longhorns. Both undefeated teams in the Big 12 will be the most watched NCAA Football game Saturday, October 6th 2012.
The current spread has the Longhorns favored by 7 points and this is expected to be "THE" Big 12 game to watch of the college football season as the Longhorns are out to show that they are a top Big 12 Title contender.
Quarterback Geno Smith is expected to win the Heisman trophy this year with an 83.4% completion rate with 20 TD's with not a single interception so far this year. Last week he threw for 656 yards with 8 touchdowns with only 6 incomplete passes in their 70-63 victory over Baylor. Texas defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat has 25 tackles and 3 sacks going into Saturday's game. Look for Jeffcoat and fellow DE Alex Okafor to stir things up for the WVU offense.
Texas Quarterback David Ash is looking to take advantage of West Virginia's struggling pass defense. Passing for 304 yards last week in their victory of Oklahoma State with 3 touchdowns. Expect him to show strong numbers against a weakened defense.
While Austin is going to be extremely loud with thousands of screaming fans, this will not be a negative factor for the Mountaineers as they use hand signals and a silent snap count when they are on the field.
What this game comes down to is who is going to control the game on the ground. We expect flares in the air but the defense handling the oppositions running game is of the utmost importance. Shawne Alston is still unknown for the game and Malcolm Brown is sitting out as well to injury.
One thing is for sure, the world is very excited for this game and Cooper's Pick is delivering his predictions and other service plays this weekend such as the Miami Hurricanes Notre Dame game, San Diego Chargers Saints, and NFL Picks for Sunday Football. To receive a free pick for the Over/Under in the West Virginia Mountaineers vs Texas Longhorns game call 1-888-730-2667.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'