LAVERGNE, TN -- (Marketwire) -- 10/05/12 -- HUSQVARNA VIKING®, a global leader in the sewing industry, today announced the introduction of the new HUSQVARNA VIKING® OPAL sewing machines. The Opal 670 and OPAL 650 come equipped with built-in assistance and modern features like the Exclusive SEWING ADVISOR feature to help enhance the sewing experience for modern sewers, all at a price point within reach.
"Sewing has been a creative outlet and source of joy for generations, but in today's hectic world it can be difficult to find enough time to really relax and enjoy the sewing process," said Katrina Helmkamp, CEO of SVP Worldwide, producer of the HUSQVARNA VIKING®, SINGER® and PFAFF® sewing machine brands. "The HUSQVARNA VIKING® OPAL sewing machines offer time-saving features such as the HUSQVARNA VIKING® Exclusive SEWING ADVISOR feature, which act like helping hands to make sewing a more convenient, enjoyable experience."
The built-in HUSQVARNA VIKING® Exclusive SEWING ADVISOR feature instantly sets all the best settings on the OPAL sewing machines. The feature offers expert advice and recommendations on a multitude of stitch and sewing speed settings, specific to each fabric and sewing technique.
Added, user-friendly benefits of the HUSQVARNA VIKING® OPAL sewing machines include:
•Generous 8" (200 mm) sewing surface and longarm: The large open area spanning from the right side of the machine to the needle offers plenty of sewing and fabric space for managing large projects and quilts. •Large GraphicDisplay: Activating all settings and the expert guidance of the Exclusive SEWING ADVISOR feature is simple with the illuminated, large GraphicDisplay screen and touch panel. The OPAL 670 sewing machine comes complete with a Graphic Monochrome TouchScreen that provides easy navigation with the touch of a finger. •Hundreds of High-Quality Stitches, up to 7 mm in width: Each OPAL sewing machine includes a variety of utility, quilt, satin, heirloom and decorative stitches and built-in fonts perfect for personalizing sewing projects. The OPAL 670 sewing machine comes equipped with 200 stitches measuring up to 7 mm wide and 150 high quality stitches are included with the OPAL 650 sewing machine. •Possibilities to adjust/program stitches and combine letters with stitches: Built-in alphabets and memories make it is easy and convenient to personalize, label and date sewing projects. Program and save personal stitch settings to the "My Stitches" menu. Three built-in fonts and four memories are available on the OPAL 650 sewing machine. The OPAL 670 sewing machine comes with four fonts and eight memories.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?