Honda says it is recalling more than 820,000 Civic compact cars and Pilot SUVs because the headlights can fail. The recall affects Civics from the 2002 and 2003 model years and Pilots from 2004 and 2005.
The company says wires connecting a switch that controls the headlights and turn signals can overheat and melt, knocking out the low-beam headlights.
No crashes or injuries have been reported from the problem. Honda says it will fix the wiring for free. The company began sending notices to owners in late September.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia