Honda says it is recalling more than 820,000 Civic compact cars and Pilot SUVs because the headlights can fail. The recall affects Civics from the 2002 and 2003 model years and Pilots from 2004 and 2005.
The company says wires connecting a switch that controls the headlights and turn signals can overheat and melt, knocking out the low-beam headlights.
No crashes or injuries have been reported from the problem. Honda says it will fix the wiring for free. The company began sending notices to owners in late September.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Health Care Signups Picked up Pace in November