Chrysler Group LLC will sponsor the National Society of Hispanic MBAs' 23rd annual Conference and Career Expo Oct. 4-6 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. The annual event provides a unique opportunity for companies to identify, engage and recruit talented Hispanic business leaders of the future.
As part of the conference, Fred Diaz, president and CEO of Ram Truck Brand and president and CEO of Chrysler de Mexico, in his keynote address challenged young Hispanic leaders to get educated and engaged in what he called a "Latino Leadership Renaissance."
"To get ahead in an ever more competitive job market, you need an education," he said. "You need smarts. And to succeed and flourish you need a whole lot of heart -- a burning passion that will drive you to reach your goals day after day for the rest of your lives . . . We have the opportunity to change the world. That's what leaders do."
Diaz also discussed what Chrysler looks for in future business leaders who can help sustain the company's success. He stressed that the young leaders in the audience must remain true to their values.
"Use your leadership skills to inspire others to make the world a better place, and to shape a diverse and inclusive society that reflects our Latino values for family and community," he said. "Find a place where you can develop as a professional, a human being and as a strong, fully engaged Latino."
Earlier this year, Diaz announced a $50,000 grant to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF), the nation's largest provider of college financial aid for Hispanic students, from the Ram Truck brand and The Chrysler Foundation. In December 2011, Diaz announced a similar $50,000 grant to HSF during the Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce's annual Fiesta Hispana Gala in Dearborn, Mich.
Chrysler Group's numerous recognitions for diversity include being named to HispanicBusiness' Best Companies for Diversity list for implementing strategies to reach more Hispanic customers and to pursue more business with minority- and Hispanic-owned suppliers.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women