UTEP's Master of Business Administration Program was honored at a U.S. Capitol ceremony Tuesday as one of the country's top graduate programs for Hispanic students.
The award was given by Washington, D.C.-based Excelencia in Education, which is aimed at improving Hispanics' success in college.
The Washington, D.C., organization during the past seven years has evaluated more than 500 college programs and departments that effectively boost Hispanic enrollment and graduation. Each year, it honors some of those programs.
The UTEP MBA program is one of the largest producers of Hispanic MBAs in the country; Hispanics make up 59 percent of its 360 graduates annually, UTEP reported.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison