UTEP's Master of Business Administration Program was honored at a U.S. Capitol ceremony Tuesday as one of the country's top graduate programs for Hispanic students.
The award was given by Washington, D.C.-based Excelencia in Education, which is aimed at improving Hispanics' success in college.
The Washington, D.C., organization during the past seven years has evaluated more than 500 college programs and departments that effectively boost Hispanic enrollment and graduation. Each year, it honors some of those programs.
The UTEP MBA program is one of the largest producers of Hispanic MBAs in the country; Hispanics make up 59 percent of its 360 graduates annually, UTEP reported.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text