Oct. 03--Local small business owners and entrepreneurs can participate in a free marketing and financing workshop in conjunction with the New York Stock Exchange from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 11, at La Licuadora Restaurant , 47 NE 2nd Ave. in Miami.
The "NYSE Big StartUp" is a national jobs-growth initiative that connects young companies and entrepreneurs directly with corporate America, by providing small companies with the resources they need to accelerate growth.
The "Small Business Connections: Marketing Meets Micro-financing" workshop wiil be presented by NYSE in partnership with Accion, a national microlender, and the online review site Yelp. Yelp Business outreach staff and Accion loan consultants will be on hand to offer one-on-one consultations and field questions from attendees. Specifics about the two key resources essential for developing and growing any business in South Florida will be shared at the workshop: knowledge of social media marketing and access to capital.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel