Oct. 03--Local small business owners and entrepreneurs can participate in a free marketing and financing workshop in conjunction with the New York Stock Exchange from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 11, at La Licuadora Restaurant , 47 NE 2nd Ave. in Miami.
The "NYSE Big StartUp" is a national jobs-growth initiative that connects young companies and entrepreneurs directly with corporate America, by providing small companies with the resources they need to accelerate growth.
The "Small Business Connections: Marketing Meets Micro-financing" workshop wiil be presented by NYSE in partnership with Accion, a national microlender, and the online review site Yelp. Yelp Business outreach staff and Accion loan consultants will be on hand to offer one-on-one consultations and field questions from attendees. Specifics about the two key resources essential for developing and growing any business in South Florida will be shared at the workshop: knowledge of social media marketing and access to capital.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac