Oct. 03--Local small business owners and entrepreneurs can participate in a free marketing and financing workshop in conjunction with the New York Stock Exchange from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 11, at La Licuadora Restaurant , 47 NE 2nd Ave. in Miami.
The "NYSE Big StartUp" is a national jobs-growth initiative that connects young companies and entrepreneurs directly with corporate America, by providing small companies with the resources they need to accelerate growth.
The "Small Business Connections: Marketing Meets Micro-financing" workshop wiil be presented by NYSE in partnership with Accion, a national microlender, and the online review site Yelp. Yelp Business outreach staff and Accion loan consultants will be on hand to offer one-on-one consultations and field questions from attendees. Specifics about the two key resources essential for developing and growing any business in South Florida will be shared at the workshop: knowledge of social media marketing and access to capital.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11