BERLIN -- (Marketwire) -- 10/04/12 -- In order to clarify reports concerning the dapd news agency's preliminary bankruptcy proceedings, the parent company dapd media holding AG is announcing that 18 of its subsidiary companies are not affected. This includes subsidiaries from several divisions, including photo (ddp images, Picture Press and SIPA USA), automotive and web content (airmotion and News Right Management), public relations (ddp direct) and entertainment news (spot on news). The French news agency group SIPA News remains completely unaffected as well.
The preliminary bankruptcy proceedings do affect dapd's eight Berlin-based companies. The news agency dapd is to continue its work as before.
About dapd media holding:
The dapd media holding AG is an independent international news agency group with headquarters in Berlin and Munich. The leading German agencies dapd, ddp images, Picture Press, Airmotion and ddpdirect are among its subsidiaries. These supply around 700 clients with texts on current topics, as well as current and historical pictures. Its clients include a majority of German daily newspapers, numerous magazines, online media, television and radio broadcasters, political parties and governments. In July 2011 dapd media holding took over the French photo agency Sipa Press, founded in 1973, which delivers 6,000 pictures to clients in more than 40 countries. After the takeover of Diora News and AP France SIPA will start a news agency in France.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu