A month after the birth of her son Macallister, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer tweeted out a photo where she is holding the infant before "YaBoo," Yahoo's Halloween party for kids.
"One month old -- Macallister and me heading to YaBoo, the children's Halloween party at @Yahoo!," she tweeted with a link to the image. Macallister was born Sept. 30, 2012. Mayer revealed she was pregnant and due in October after her surprising hire by the Sunnyvale Internet company in July.
Mayer left Mountain View search giant Google -- where she was the first female engineer and employee No. 20 -- to take the CEO gig, despite Yahoo's difficulties in keeping up with her former employer and Facebook. She said she would take just "a few weeks" of working maternity leave, and indeed returned to work less than a month after giving birth.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder