A month after the birth of her son Macallister, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer tweeted out a photo where she is holding the infant before "YaBoo," Yahoo's Halloween party for kids.
"One month old -- Macallister and me heading to YaBoo, the children's Halloween party at @Yahoo!," she tweeted with a link to the image. Macallister was born Sept. 30, 2012. Mayer revealed she was pregnant and due in October after her surprising hire by the Sunnyvale Internet company in July.
Mayer left Mountain View search giant Google -- where she was the first female engineer and employee No. 20 -- to take the CEO gig, despite Yahoo's difficulties in keeping up with her former employer and Facebook. She said she would take just "a few weeks" of working maternity leave, and indeed returned to work less than a month after giving birth.
Most Popular Stories
- The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn., John Beifuss column
- Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?