A month after the birth of her son Macallister, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer tweeted out a photo where she is holding the infant before "YaBoo," Yahoo's Halloween party for kids.
"One month old -- Macallister and me heading to YaBoo, the children's Halloween party at @Yahoo!," she tweeted with a link to the image. Macallister was born Sept. 30, 2012. Mayer revealed she was pregnant and due in October after her surprising hire by the Sunnyvale Internet company in July.
Mayer left Mountain View search giant Google -- where she was the first female engineer and employee No. 20 -- to take the CEO gig, despite Yahoo's difficulties in keeping up with her former employer and Facebook. She said she would take just "a few weeks" of working maternity leave, and indeed returned to work less than a month after giving birth.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap