A month after the birth of her son Macallister, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer tweeted out a photo where she is holding the infant before "YaBoo," Yahoo's Halloween party for kids.
"One month old -- Macallister and me heading to YaBoo, the children's Halloween party at @Yahoo!," she tweeted with a link to the image. Macallister was born Sept. 30, 2012. Mayer revealed she was pregnant and due in October after her surprising hire by the Sunnyvale Internet company in July.
Mayer left Mountain View search giant Google -- where she was the first female engineer and employee No. 20 -- to take the CEO gig, despite Yahoo's difficulties in keeping up with her former employer and Facebook. She said she would take just "a few weeks" of working maternity leave, and indeed returned to work less than a month after giving birth.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response