Halloween is a time for spine-tingling surprises and chilling thrills, and this year, the editors at Autobytel Inc., a company dedicated to helping car dealers and car buyers connect online, have compiled their Top
10 scariest cars list just in time to celebrate the spooky occasion.
This year's lineup showcases the cars with the most shock appeal, ranging from their scary exteriors to their frightening price tags.
Among this year's contenders is the menacing Nissan Juke-R, the eerily designed Mazda 5 and the outrageously priced Nuccio Concept car. With their bold features and eclectic styling, the cars on this list will make even the bravest consumers raise an eyebrow or two.
"In today's consumer market, sometimes it takes a little shock value to catch your attention," said Autobytel editor-in-chief, Michelle Naranjo. "The cars on this list grabbed ours with their outrageous features, but the jury is still out on whether these are meant to be tricks or treats."
Following are Autobytel editors' picks for the Top 10 scariest cars.
The limited-production Juke-R won Autobytel's vote for the scariest car this year. A Quasimodo-like cross between Nissan's Juke and GT-R, the Juke-R is hideously expensive but is a thrill to drive with its 485-horsepower V-6 engine.
Bentley EXP 9 F Concept
Bentley enthusiasts may shy away in dismay if this EXP 9 F Concept makes it to production. Shockingly similar to a 1962 Plymouth Valiant station wagon, the fate of this SUV still hangs in the balance.
2012 Acura ZDX
The combination of an Acura MDX and a Honda Crosstour produced this monster breed known as the Acura ZDX. This is the final year the beastly ZDX will be produced.
Bertone Nuccio Concept
It's rumored that a wealthy buyer paid a frightening $2.7 million for the Nuccio Concept. The price alone is enough to scare anyone.
BMW Active Concept Tourer
BMW is stepping into the future with this 5-passenger vehicle. With a plug-in hybrid powertrain residing on a new front-drive platform, the company is boldly entering uncharted territory.
2012 Mazda Mazda5
Think the clown from Stephen King's It was scary? Then you'll probably be terrified of the clown-like front headlight and grill design of the Mazda5 minivan.
2013 Jeep Compass
What's scary about the Jeep Compass crossover SUV is its chilling resemblance to a disfigured AMC Gremlin with a Grand Cherokee in its mouth.
2013 Lincoln Navigator L
The new Lincoln Navigator will strike fear into the heart of any budget conscious consumer with its 15 mpg fuel economy rating. This gas guzzling behemoth will murder you at the pump.
2013 Scion iQ
Although the Scion iQ is equipped with a class-first seven airbags, you might be afraid to ride in the back seat if a large 18-wheeler was right behind you.
Despite its size, the 1,808-pound micro Smart ForTwo requires more expensive premium fuel which is frightening for anyone on a budget.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'