It's confirmed. Taylor Swift's lyrics have seeped into the hearts of millions.
Her newest album "Red" made history, selling 1.208 million copies last week in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.
According to Billboard.com, that's more than any album has sold in a single week since 2002, "when Eminem's "The Eminem Show" sold 1.322 million in its first full week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200."
"They just told me Red sold 1.2 million albums first week. How is this real life?! You are UNREAL. I love you so much. Thanks a million ;)" Swift tweeted(@taylorswift13) today.
Swift is on Forbes' "Highest-Paid Stars Under 30." AS of May 2012, at age 22, Swift made $57 million due to a tour album sales, and being one of the faces of CoverGirl.
Watch Swift perform her popular song, "Mean" at the 2011 Grammys where she received a standing ovation:
Her face at the end is priceless.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000