It's confirmed. Taylor Swift's lyrics have seeped into the hearts of millions.
Her newest album "Red" made history, selling 1.208 million copies last week in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.
According to Billboard.com, that's more than any album has sold in a single week since 2002, "when Eminem's "The Eminem Show" sold 1.322 million in its first full week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200."
"They just told me Red sold 1.2 million albums first week. How is this real life?! You are UNREAL. I love you so much. Thanks a million ;)" Swift tweeted(@taylorswift13) today.
Swift is on Forbes' "Highest-Paid Stars Under 30." AS of May 2012, at age 22, Swift made $57 million due to a tour album sales, and being one of the faces of CoverGirl.
Watch Swift perform her popular song, "Mean" at the 2011 Grammys where she received a standing ovation:
Her face at the end is priceless.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women