A backyard Halloween display in Charlotte, N.C., that features a dummy with President Obama's face hanging from a tree has angered some neighbors.
"No matter your political persuasion, this is just way over the edge of good taste," Joe Gunn told WCNC-TV, Charlotte. "I think anyone would take offense to that because it represents lynching. And since it's the President, doubly so."
Gunn said he plans to use the display to teach his children a lesson about racism. But he says he did not expect to have to explain lynching to them at the ages of 9 and 11.
WCNC said it was unable to reach the family with the display. The TV station said it can be seen from at least one point in the neighborhood as well as by Gunn, who lives next door.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8