A backyard Halloween display in Charlotte, N.C., that features a dummy with President Obama's face hanging from a tree has angered some neighbors.
"No matter your political persuasion, this is just way over the edge of good taste," Joe Gunn told WCNC-TV, Charlotte. "I think anyone would take offense to that because it represents lynching. And since it's the President, doubly so."
Gunn said he plans to use the display to teach his children a lesson about racism. But he says he did not expect to have to explain lynching to them at the ages of 9 and 11.
WCNC said it was unable to reach the family with the display. The TV station said it can be seen from at least one point in the neighborhood as well as by Gunn, who lives next door.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Amazon Doesn't Need Tax Breaks but Gets Offered Millions