A backyard Halloween display in Charlotte, N.C., that features a dummy with President Obama's face hanging from a tree has angered some neighbors.
"No matter your political persuasion, this is just way over the edge of good taste," Joe Gunn told WCNC-TV, Charlotte. "I think anyone would take offense to that because it represents lynching. And since it's the President, doubly so."
Gunn said he plans to use the display to teach his children a lesson about racism. But he says he did not expect to have to explain lynching to them at the ages of 9 and 11.
WCNC said it was unable to reach the family with the display. The TV station said it can be seen from at least one point in the neighborhood as well as by Gunn, who lives next door.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter