A backyard Halloween display in Charlotte, N.C., that features a dummy with President Obama's face hanging from a tree has angered some neighbors.
"No matter your political persuasion, this is just way over the edge of good taste," Joe Gunn told WCNC-TV, Charlotte. "I think anyone would take offense to that because it represents lynching. And since it's the President, doubly so."
Gunn said he plans to use the display to teach his children a lesson about racism. But he says he did not expect to have to explain lynching to them at the ages of 9 and 11.
WCNC said it was unable to reach the family with the display. The TV station said it can be seen from at least one point in the neighborhood as well as by Gunn, who lives next door.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.