Halloween can be one of the scariest nights of the year for our animal friends.
Animal welfare organizations in the Sacramento area offer the following tips to keep pets safe this Halloween:
-- Keep pets safely inside during trick-or-treating hours. Frequently opened doors provide the perfect opportunity for escape.
-- Keep dogs away from chocolate treats, which can be toxic to them. Shield animals from burning jack-o-lanterns and decorations that could cause choking if chewed.
-- Never bring dogs along for trick-or-treating. The commotion and costumes could frighten them and cause them to bolt or bite.
-- Make sure pets are wearing their tags and collars just in case they break free.
-- Save the costumes for humans. Dressing up pets can cause them undue stress by restricting their movements, breathing and hearing.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits